Are you one of this person who has no time in the morning and struggle what to eat before hitting to the gym? Protein shakes, oat meals, energy bars, are you tired of them?
I have a great solution for someone who wants to have a quick, powerful, yummy and easy to prepare breakfast! One of my favorites and the simplest – banana omelette.
I love this recipe as it is very easy to prepare and taste delicious any time of the year. I have it usually before going to the gym early in the morning when I need fast and light source of energy.
It is based on two, actually 3 great ingredients:
- bananas – provide you great source of easy digestible carbohydrates. Bananas are good for your heart. They are packed with potassium. Bananas are also packed with fiber, which boosts satiety and improves digestive health.
- eggs – undoubtedly one of the most nutritious foods around! They are loaded with several vitamins and contain high-quality protein. Most of the nutrients are in the yolk, which consists mostly of fat. Meanwhile, the white contains mostly protein. One large egg contains 5 grams of fat and 6 grams of protein.
- coconut oil – another one of the healthiest foods on the planet. Coconut oil benefits and uses go beyond what most people realize, as coconut oil is a true superfood. The secrets to this amazing superfood are healthy fats called medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs). Coconut oil increase “good” HDL cholesterol in your body and help convert the “bad” LDL cholesterol into a less harmful form.
Let’s get this magic started!
- 1 big ripen banana
- 2 organic free-range eggs
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil extra virgin
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried black currant
- Wash the eggs, peel and slice banana.
- Beat eggs, salt in small bowl.
- Add your extra superfoods, such as: chia seeds, hemp sees, cocoa powder, dried fruits.
- Mix all together and add sliced banana.
- Heat pan with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil over medium-high heat until hot. Tilt pan to coat bottom.
- Pour in egg mixture and cover with the lid.
- Fry for around 2 minutes on one side and flip for another 2 minutes on another side.
- Serve it with favorite yogurt on top and sprinkle (lots of) cinnamon.