We are in fall. And fall is the season when apples are one of the most popular fruits this time of the year. There are sooo many of them crispy, sweet, juicy, sour, green, red whatever you want to choose from!
There as so many delicious way to use and prepare apples in the kitchen but one of the easiest and the most loved one by everyone is apple pie! 🙂
This recipe below I have tried last Thursday for Thanksgiving and worked perfectly. Believe me or not but there is no added artificial sugar in it and tastes absolutely great.
My roommate and friends loved it so hopefully you enjoy it as well!
- 2,5 cups wholewheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 glass organic whole milk from grass-fed cows
- 3/4 cups organic butter (170 grams)
- 2 teaspoons grounded cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 organic free-range eggs
- 2 big apples (approximately 1 pound) + jemon juice (to avoid darkening)
- 1 cup sun-dried raisins
- 1/2 cup organic blossom honey
- Preheat oven for 375F(190C) and prepare your pie-plate and dot with butter.
- Slice apples and toss them with lemon juice.
- In medium size bowl combine dry ingredients: flour, soda, cinnamon, salt
- In other bowl mix well butter with eggs until you get a consistent mixture.
- Slowly add milk to eggs and butter and keep mixing until it is solid.
- Add honey and raisins to mixture.
- Combine prepared dry ingredients with fluid mixture until consistent dough.
- Put pastry into pie-plate and bake for 40-45 mins (during baking check it with tooth stick!)
until is golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack or serve warm with home-made whipped cream!